Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
LIHIT LAB., INC. (“the Company”) handles personal information of its customers through various campaigns, sales, distribution of materials, inquiries, and questionnaires as a general office supplies manufacturer that contributes to society through the development of various office tools required for the rationalization, labor-saving, and modernization of administrative work based on Japan and therefore, recognizes its responsibility to establish a strict and appropriate control system for the protection of such personal information.
Accordingly, the Company has established the Compliance Program for the Protection of Personal Information. In order to make this Compliance Program effective in the future, not only directors and managers, but also all of our employees, temporary dispatched staff and part-time employees will work together and act in concert always recognizing the protection of personal information.
From the above viewpoint, we have formulated the Personal Information Protection Policy, which clarifies our basic stance on the protection of personal information and the standards for its handling, and we will conduct thorough control of the personal information in order to earn the trust of our customers.
The Company’s Personal Information Protection Policy
- 1. The Company will comply with the laws and regulations and the guidelines and other standards established by the national government concerning the handling of personal information with regard to the handling of personal information handled by all businesses and the personal information of employees, etc. In addition, the Company has established a Personal Information Protection Management System based on the “Guidelines for Establishment and Operation of a Personal Information Protection Management System under the Privacy Mark” in compliance with the Japanese Industrial Standard “JIS Q 15001 Personal Information Protection Management System-Requirements” to protect personal information.
- 2. When acquiring or using personal information, the Company shall specify the purpose of use and shall not handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the specified purpose of use (unintended use). In addition, appropriate management measures shall be taken to prevent the unintended use.
- 3. The Company will not provide any personal information obtained to a third party without the consent of the person or except a case in accordance with laws and regulations.
- 4. The Company will promptly investigate the facts of any complaint or consultation regarding the handling of personal information and respond in good faith within a reasonable period of time.
- 5. In order to appropriately manage personal information obtained, the Company will take organizational, human, physical, and technological safety measures to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of personal information and to rectify.
- 6. In light of changes in social conditions and the environment, we will continuously review our personal information protection management system and improve our efforts for the protection of personal information.
- 1. Purpose of Use of Personal Information
We will make public the personal information that we are authorized to respond to requests for disclosure and use it to the extent necessary for the achievement of the following duties and purposes of use.
- (1) Contents of business
- 1, Manufacture and sale of office supplies
- 2, Leasing, etc. of Real Estate
- 3, Any and all businesses incidental to the business stipulated in the preceding paragraphs.
- (2) Purpose of Use
- < Personal information of customers and business partners >
- ・ To provide information on products and services
- ・ For the sale and provision of products and services
- ・ For the distribution of various e-mail magazines
- ・ To distribute invitation for seminars, exhibitions, and events
- ・ For the support of products and services
- ・ To respond to inquiries
- ・ For product development, questionnaire surveys and analysis
- ・ For the fulfillment of the contract
- ・ For business negotiations, meetings, and communication
- ・ For the information of access control of our facilities
- < Personal Information of Shareholders >
- ・ For the exercise of rights and the performance of obligations under the Companies Act
- ・ For the purpose of providing various convinience and the status of implementation
- ・ For the implementation of various shareholder measures
- ・ For the purposes of other shareholder management
- < Personal Information of Recruitment Applicants >
- ・ For the purpose of disseminating recruitment information to recruitment applicants and conducting recruitment selection
- ・ For the purpose of other managing recruitment business of the Company
- < Personal Information of Employees and Retirees >
- ・ For documents submitted to the Company by employees and retirees
- ・ For recording the work, salary, and health information of employees and retirees while in office
- ・ For the purposes of other managing information of employees and retirees incidental to the above purpose
- < Specific Personal Information of Employees, Prospective Employees, Outside Experts, Shareholders etc. >
- ・ For the purpose of clerical work of the Company to submit to administrative organs, etc. and health insurance associations, etc. pursuant to laws and ordinances, the Individual Numbers of employees, prospective employees in recruitment activities, outside experts, shareholders, etc. by filling in the documents such as the withholding record of employment income, payment report, such documents as health insurance, welfare pension insurance qualification acquisition notification, etc.
- 2. Measures Taken for Safety Control Measures
The Company will comply with the relevant laws, ordinances and guidelines and take necessary and appropriate measures (hereinafter referred to as “safety control measures”) to ensure the safe management of personal data to be handled such as preventing the leakage, loss, or damage of personal data as follows.
- (1) Formulation of the Basic Policy
To ensure the proper handling of the personal data, we have formulated the “Personal Information Protection Policy (https://www.eng.lihit-lab.com/privacy-policy/) “as our basic policy.
- (2) Establishment of Disciplines on the Handling of Personal Data
We have formulated internal regulations that stipulate methods of handling personal data, responsible persons, persons in charge, and their roles.
- (3) Organizational Security Control Measures
We have appointed a Personal Information Protection Administrator to be responsible for the handling of personal information in our organizational structure, and have established a Personal Information Protection Management System to implement internal controls on the protection of personal information. We have also established a system to ensure that our employees (including contract and dispatched employees) comply with internal regulations concerning safety management measures, and to report and contact with the Personal Information Protection Administrator and other responsible persons in the event of any violation of laws or internal regulations by employees or any sign of violation. Furthermore, in the case of entrusting the work involving the handling of personal information, we implement strict supervision of the entrustee and supervise the entrustee to ensure that the security control measures for personal information are strictly maintained.
- (4) Human Security Control Measures
We regularly provide education and training for the proper handling of personal information to our employees.
- (5) Physical and Technical Security Control Measures
We administrate the entry and exit of employees and the third parties in areas where personal data is handled, and implement anti-theft measures such as locked storage of documents, media, and equipment containing personal information. In addition, we restrict access to the personal data and information systems that handle personal data, take measures against computer viruses and measures against unauthorized software, and monitor information systems.
Example: Prohibition of storage of personal data outside the specified storage locations, application of high-level policy on authentication passwords, acquisition and analysis of operation history on personal data
- (6) Understanding of the External Environment
- Shopify Commerce Singapore Pte. Ltd
- ・Objective: Implement EC platforms and payment procedures.
- ・Applicable Country: Singapore
- ・For the outline of the personal information protection system in the applicable country, please also refer to the results of the “Survey on the System for the Protection of Personal Information in Foreign Countries” published by the Personal Information Protection Commission (https://www.ppc.go.jp/personalinfo/legal/kaiseihogohou/#gaikoku).
- 3. Procedures for disclosure, correction, etc.
We accept requests for disclosure of retained personal data, notice of purpose of use, correction, suspension of use, discontinuation of provision to a third party, or disclosure of records of provision to a third party (hereinafter referred to as “disclosure, etc.”) from the person concerned.
- ・Where to Request for disclosure, etc.
- Please request to the following e-mail address.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Please note that we will not accept requests by direct visits to our company.
- 4. Inquiries and Complaints Concerning the Handling of Personal Information
Please contact the following e-mail address for inquiries and complaints about the handling of our personal information.
- 5. Handling of information on our Web site
We will mechanically obtain and handle information (access logs, Cookie, etc.) related to those who use Web site that we operate (hereinafter referred to as “our Web site”) for the following purposes.
- (1) For security measures such as unauthorized access detection
- (2) To analyze access situation and improve our Web site
- (3) For managing sessions on Web forms
- Providing Company: Twitter, Inc.
- Providing Company: Meta Platforms, Inc.
- Providing Company: Google Inc.
- ・Google Analytics
- Providing Company: Google Inc.
- ・Google Analytics
- Purpose of use: Analysis of usage status
- How Google Analytics collects and processes data: https://www.google.com/intl/ja/policies/privacy/partners/
- How to opt out: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=ja#infodelete
- 6. About Links
- 1. Compliance with Relevant Laws, Regulations and Guidelines
The Company will comply with the Numbering Law, the Guidelines for Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information (Business Entity Edition), the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Personal Information Protection Act), and the guidelines and other norms of each ministry and agency with respect to the handling of Specific Personal Information.
- 2. Purpose of Use
The Company will handle the provided Specific Personal Information within the scope of the following Purpose of Use.
- 1. Specific Personal Information, etc. of Business Partners, etc.
- ・Preparation of payment record concerning real estate transactions, etc.
- ・Preparation of payment record concerning remuneration, fees, contract fees and prize money
- 2. Specific Personal Information, etc. of Shareholders
- ・Preparation of payment record concerning distribution of dividend and surplus
- 3. Specific Personal Information of Our Officers and Employees, etc.
- ・Preparation of Statutory Records including record of Withholding Taxes, etc.
- ・Provision of the personal information of the person who is a member of a holding association to the holding association for the preparation of withholding tax records by the holding association
- ・Office work for filing and submitting reports, etc. concerning asset accumulation savings (housing and pension) and individual pension insurance, etc.
- ・Office work concerning payment, etc. of corporate pension insurance
- ・Notification, application and request to health insurance and welfare pension insurance
- ・Notification, application, request, and certificate preparation work of unemployment insurance and workmen’s compensation insurance
- 4. Specific Personal Information, etc. of Dependent Relatives, etc. of Our Officers and Employees
- ・Preparation work of statutory records including withholding taxes, etc.
- ・Health insurance and welfare pension insurance notification work
- 3. Matters concerning Safety Management Measures
In order to prevent the leakage, loss, or damage of Specific Personal Information, etc., and to manage Specific Personal Information, etc., the Company will establish separate regulations for the handling of Specific Personal Information, and take necessary and appropriate safety management measures. In addition, the Company will conduct necessary and appropriate supervision of employees so that safety management measures can be appropriately taken when having them handle Specific Personal Information, etc.
- 4. Handling of Entrustment of Specific Personal Information, etc.
The Company may entrust the handling of Specific Personal Information to a third party. In this case, the Company shall, in accordance with the Numbers Act and the Personal Information Protection Act, select a party who satisfies sufficient standards for the protection of Specific Personal Information, etc., implement safety management measures through contracts, etc., and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision over the entrusted party.
- 5. Continuous Improvement
The Company will continue to improve these Basic Policies and handling regulations to ensure proper protection of Specific Personal Information.
- 6. Disclosure of Specific Personal Information, etc.
In the event the Company receives a request for disclosure of Specific Personal Information from the person or its agents, the Company shall respond without delay except in the following cases:
- ・Cases where there is a risk of harm to the life, body, property, or other rights and interests of the person or a third party
- ・Cases in which the proper execution of our business is likely to be seriously hindered.
- ・In the event of a violation of laws and regulations
- 7. Questions and Complaint Handling Contacts
The Company will respond appropriately to inquiries about the handling of Specific Personal Information, including opinions, questions, content inquiries, and corrections.
- Name of authorized personal information protection organization: JIPDEC
- Complaint resolution Contact: Personal Information Protection Complaint Consultation Office
- Address: Roppongi First Building, 9-9, Roppongi 1-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
- Telephone Number: +81 3-5860-7565 120-700-779
“Personal Information” refers to information that identify or could identify a specific individual by combining one or more of the following items: personal name, date of birth, age, sex, address, telephone number, family composition, hobby, preference, e-mail address, place of work, working department, business address, telephone number, credit card number, bank account number, various numbers and strings assigned to an individual, information on purchased products and services, information on the website visited, information on complaints, consultation, inquiries, etc and individual identification code.
Established on March 1, 2005
Revised: May 1, 2023
Hirokazu Tanaka, Representative Director and President of LIHIT LAB., INC.
Inquiries about Personal Information Protection Policy
Customer Service Center of LIHIT LAB., INC.
Telephone +81 6 6946 3931 (opening hours 9am – 5pm Japan time on weekdays)
FAX. +81 6 6946 2565
You can also send any inquiries about this matter from the Inquiry Form on its page.
Matters to be publicly announced
concerning personal information
Please note that we are a member of the following organization, which are authorized personal information protection organization under the law. The following organization accept complaints and inquiries about the handling of our personal information.
[Name of authorized personal information protection organization and contact information for complaint resolution]
Name of authorized personal information protection organization: JIPDEC Where to submit the applications for the settlement of complaint: Secretariat of the Authorized Personal Information Protection Organization
Address: Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032
Telephone: 03-5860-7565 0120-700-779
※This is not an contact for the inquiry about our products and services.
Please note that tracking system such as Cookie can be stopped by the environment of the user. For more detailed information, please refer to the Help of browsers or website of the external service provider such as social media.
In addition, in the event of an inquiry from the reception form of our Web site or acquisition of personal information for various procedures related to our services, etc., please enter such information after obtaining consent for the handling of personal information, such as the purpose of use, etc. The personal information entered will be managed and operated appropriately in accordance with our Personal Information Protection Policy.
Established: May 1, 2023
LIHIT LAB., INC.
1-22, 1-chome, Noninbashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-city, Osaka-prefecture
Hirokazu Tanaka, President
Personal Information Protection Manager, General Manager,Sales Division
(TEL: +81 6-6946-3931)
Basic Policy for Proper Handling of
Specific Personal Information, etc.
In order to work on to ensure the proper handling of Individual Numbers and Specific Personal Information (“Specific Personal Information”) as the organization, the Company has established the “Basic Policy on Proper Handling of Specific Personal Information, etc.” as follows. The Company will strive to ensure that all employees are fully aware of this policy, provide continuous education, and appropriately protect and manage Specific Personal Information.
Person in Charge of Affairs for Specific Personal Information
in the Administration and General Affairs Group of LIHIT LAB., INC.
Telephone +81 6-6946-2558 / FAX.+81 6-6946-2529
Established Date December 1, 2015
Hirokazu Tanaka, Representative Director and President of LIHIT LAB., INC.
The Company is a target business entity of the following authorized personal information protection organizations.
※This is not a contact for the products or services of the Company